I wish I could read those broken eyes as you smile at me, so pretty.
The time could stand still whilst my heart runs laps around you
I'm not sure if you're too blind to see
or just too scared to acknowledge it
Your touch cries for response - yet I fear
Your body hugs onto mine - yet we are far apart.
I know my words will not hold you for long
nor will the mere thought of something problematic
I do not understand them, but they call to me
I can only stare and ponder
and hope you don't see through me
for I fear you will not like what you see
Or take me as you will.
Time and time again - it feels as though I can let go
But a part of my heart fixates onto yours
and somehow we are pulled back together.
In my dreams you avoid me as though I'm disturbing stalker
Your eyes cold and hard and dig deep into my soul
judging my past and condemning my future I have yet accomplished
They say the dreams tell you many about the dreamer -
they say little about the dreamed
whence it may be myself I still fear
for when I see you - those eyes feel warm
they alight as if with joy
and I wonder why - I wonder if I really truly bring her joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment